Tuna and roast tomato pasta
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$3.23 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 500g tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 320g wholemeal spiral pasta
- 150g green beans, trimmed, cut into 3cm lengths
- 250g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 425g can tuna in spring water, drained, flaked
- 1 cup fresh basil, plus extra shredded basil, to serve
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted (optional)
- black pepper, to season
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place tomatoes, cut-side up, on tray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the balsamic vinegar and season with pepper. Roast for 10 minutes or until slightly soft. Set aside.
Step 2 Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water according to packet instructions or until al dente, adding beans and broccoli for the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain well.
Step 3 Toss pasta and vegetables with wilted tomatoes, olive oil, remaining balsamic vinegar, tuna, basil leaves and pine nuts (if using). Season with pepper. Serve immediately with basil garnish.
Instead of tuna, grill chicken breasts and cut into strips to add to pasta.
About this recipe
First published: August 2008