Oven-baked zucchini, ham and pea risotto
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$2.80 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 1/4 cups (250g) arborio rice
- 3 cups (750 ml) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 large courgette, trimmed, sliced
- 1 cup (130g) frozen green peas, thawed
- 4 slices lean leg ham, diced
- 1/3 cup (35g) finely grated parmesan
- black pepper, to season
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180Â°C. Heat oil in a large heavy-based ovenproof pan over a high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and lemon zest and cook for 30 seconds. Add rice. Stir to coat rice grains in oil.
Step 2 Add stock and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Cover and place in oven for 18 minutes.
Step 3 Add courgette, peas and ham, cover, and return to oven for a further 3 minutes or until courgette is bright green and tender.
Step 4 Remove from oven, stir through parmesan and season with pepper.
About this recipe
First published: August 2008