Chicken, tomato and olive casserole
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$5.49 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- olive oil spray
- 500g skinless chicken breast, cut in 3cm cubes
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 rashers lean bacon, diced
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, very thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup (80ml) white wine
- 400g can diced tomatoes, no added salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup (50g) pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 4 cups risoni pasta or rice, cooked
- 2 cups green beans, steamed, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Heat a large pan over a high heat and spray with oil. Cook chicken, in batches, for 2 minutes or until golden. Remove from pan.
Step 2 Spray pan again and add onion, bacon and celery. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add garlic, cook for 1 minute. Add wine and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
Step 3 Add tomatoes, water, olives and chicken to pan. Stir to combine. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Step 4 Serve chicken with risoni or rice and beans.
About this recipe
First published: August 2008