Lemon, chilli and garlic spaghetti
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$2.90 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 320g wholemeal spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon rind
- 3 long red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 small red birdseye chilli, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped drained capers (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- extra virgin olive oil, to serve (optional)
- lemon wedges, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Cook pasta following packet instructions. Drain and return to pan.
Step 2 Meanwhile, combine the lemon rind, chillies, garlic and parsley in a bowl.
Step 3 Add chilli mixture, capers (if using) and juice to pasta. Season with freshly ground black pepper and gently toss until combined.
Step 4 Divide pasta between serving bowls, drizzle with olive oil (if using) and serve immediately with lemon wedges.
About this recipe
First published: April 2008