Chicken schnitzel with coleslaw
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$3.90 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 4 bought chicken schnitzels
- cooking oil spray
- 1/4 Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup extra light sour cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 whole grain rolls, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 190ÂºC. Arrange chicken on a baking tray. Spray all over with oil. Bake for 15 minutes, turning once during cooking, or until golden and cooked through.
Step 2 Meanwhile, combine cabbage, carrot, parsley and onion in a large bowl.
Step 3 Whisk cream, lemon juice and garlic together in a jug until smooth. Add to cabbage mixture and stir gently to combine.
Step 4 Serve each schnitzel with coleslaw and a bread roll.
Don't have time to make coleslaw? Pile the schnitzel into a roll with tomato, cucumber, lettuce and beetroot.
About this recipe
First published: April 2008