Chickpea and vegie fritters
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Place eggs and milk into a large mixing bowl and whisk until well combined. Sift flour into egg mixture, whisking as you go to remove all lumps.
Step 2 Add chickpeas, vegies and herbs and mix well.
Step 3 Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over medium heat. Scoop 1/4-cupfuls of batter into pan (to make 4 fritters). Cook for 3–4 minutes on each side, until golden. Repeat with remaining batter to make 12 fritters in total. Serve warm.
About this Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed
- 3 x 125g cans corn, drained
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, grated
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, chives, basil)
- cooking oil spray
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified