(at time of publication)
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°C.Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic until soft. Add mince and brown, breaking up with a wooden spoon. Add mushrooms and capsicum and cook for 5 minutes.
Step 2 Add tomatoes, tomato paste, wine (or stock), paprika and herbs. Simmer for 20 minutes, until liquid has reduced by a third. Add spinach to the mince sauce, stir and cook for a few minutes until wilted. Remove from heat.
Step 3 Meanwhile, make the cheese sauce. Blend cottage cheese, milk and all the parmesan except 2 tablespoons until smooth and creamy.
Step 4 Lightly spray a deep lasagne dish with oil. Spread a third of the mince sauce over base. Follow with a layer of pasta, a layer of sauce, a layer of cheese. Repeat layering, finishing with the cheese. Sprinkle top with remaining parmesan and bake for 30–40 minutes. Stand for 5 minutes before serving with salad.
About this Recipe
- cooking oil spray
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 500g lean beef mince
- 2 cups field or Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 2 small capsicums, diced
- 2 x 400g cans reduced-salt tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1/2 cup red wine or reduced-salt beef stock
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (eg. basil, oregano or rosemary) or 2 teaspoons dried Italian herbs
- 500g low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 150g packet fresh baby spinach
- 250g packet instant lasagne sheets
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified