Steamed fish with ginger, chilli and hot sesame dressing
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Line a heatproof dinner plate with a large sheet of baking paper. Place fish on paper in a single layer and sprinkle with ginger, chilli and green onion. Fold up paper to enclose.
Step 2 Add enough water to a large wok to fill to 5cm and bring to the boil. Place plate into a large bamboo steamer and cover with lid. Reduce heat to a gentle boil and place the steamer into the wok over the water. Steam for 6–7 minutes, until fish is just cooked and flakes easily.
Step 3 Meanwhile, place sesame oil, soy sauce, Chinese rice wine and garlic into a small saucepan and heat until boiling.
Step 4 Serve fish and rice with Asian greens. Drizzle with a little of the hot dressing and garnish with extra sliced green onions.
About this Recipe
- 4 x 150g firm white fish fillets
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, trimmed, cut into 4cm lengths, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine (or dry sherry)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 cups steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- steamed Asian greens, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified