(at time of publication)
Step 1 Place honey, rice wine, stock, soy sauce and cornflour into a small bowl and stir until smooth. Set aside.
Step 2 Spray a large wok with oil and place over high heat. Add prawns in batches and stir fry for 2–3 minutes, until they are cooked through and light golden. Remove and set aside.
Step 3 Return wok to high heat and spray with a little more oil. Add onion, ginger and garlic; stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until golden. Add asparagus; stir-fry for a further 2 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Return prawns to wok with the honey sauce and simmer for 2–3 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Serve immediately with steamed rice.
About this Recipe
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine (or dry sherry)
- 1/4 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- cooking oil spray
- 400g peeled green prawns, tails on
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 large white onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, cut into thin matchsticks
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths
- 4 cups steamed rice, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified