Ham and white bean salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
25 mins (Hands-on time: 10 mins, Cooking time: 15 mins)
$7.42 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 65g wholemeal pita bread
- 1 1/2 tablespoons no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1/2 green capsicum, diced
- 1/2 cup cannellini beans, rinsed
- 75g 97% fat-free shaved ham, shredded
- 1/4 cup 50% reduced-fat shredded cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup baby rocket leaves
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 220°C. Spread pita with tomato paste and place on a foil-lined baking tray. Top with capsicum, beans, ham and cheese. Sprinkle with oregano.
Step 2 Bake for 12–15 minutes, until base is crispy and cheese is melted. Top with rocket and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
For a lower-sodium version, replace the tomato paste, ham and beans with reduced-salt and reduced-sugar barbecue sauce, shredded chicken and 1 diced tomato.
This recipe is not suitable for those following a no-added-salt diet.
About this recipe
First published: December 2011