Japanese soba noodle and sesame salad
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Place noodles into a saucepan of boiling water. Cook for 4 minutes. Drain, refresh in cold water and drain again. Set aside.
Step 2 Make Dressing: grind sesame seeds to a fine powder using a mortar and pestle. Transfer to a bowl and whisk in remaining ingredients.
Step 3 Divide noodles and vege¬tables between serving bowls. Pour over the dressing and serve immediately.
Add snow peas, bean sprouts or broccoli florets for more flavour.
About this Recipe
- 200g soba noodles
- 1 large carrot, peeled into ribbons
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 4 Roma tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified