Crunchy sesame chicken and noodles
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Combine first five ingredients in a bowl. Add chicken and stir to coat. Set aside.
Step 2 Cook noodles according to packet instructions. Drain.
Step 3 Place a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and marinade and stir-fry 8–10 minutes, until cooked though. Remove from pan and keep warm.
Step 4 Add onions, mushrooms, ginger and chilli to pan. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add cabbage and stir-fry until softened. Add chicken and noodles to pan. Stir to combine, then serve.
- Make it vegetarian: Swap the chicken for tofu.
- For more flavour, add some shredded snow peas and 1/2 cup chopped coriander.
About this Recipe
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 500g chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
- 220g dried egg noodles
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 400g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 fresh chilli, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 head cabbage, shredded
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified