Ricotta, pumpkin and mushroom gnocchi
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$4.49 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 500g packet fresh gnocchi
- 600g pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 300g mushrooms, quartered
- 500g jar tomato pasta sauce (we like Raguletto tomato sauce with basil and red wine)
- 200g fresh low-fat ricotta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- large green salad, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 220°C. Boil gnocchi in a saucepan of water for 2 minutes, or until it floats to the top. Drain well.
Step 2 Meanwhile, steam or microwave pumpkin (5–7 minutes) and sauté mushrooms until tender. Combine cooked gnocchi with mushrooms and pumpkin.
Step 3 Spread half the pasta sauce into an oven-proof dish. Top with gnocchi mixture. Sprinkle with ricotta. Top with remaining sauce and sprinkle with parmesan. Bake for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbling. Serve with a large green salad.
If you have time, roast the pumpkin (with some red onion wedges). It will really bring out the flavour of the vegies.
About this recipe
First published: May 2010