Pork in apricot sauce with herby mash
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Boil sweet potato until tender (about 15 minutes). Drain. Add 1/2 tablespoon Tuscan seasoning and mash. Keep warm.
Step 2 Meanwhile, place apricots, orange juice, jam, soy sauce and 3 tablespoons water into a small saucepan. Warm over low heat, until jam has just melted. Transfer to a food processor and purée until smooth. Keep warm.
Step 3 Sprinkle pork with remaining Tuscan seasoning. Spray a frying pan with oil and cook for 3–4 minutes each side, until cooked to your liking. Top with sauce and serve with mash and steamed vegetables.
You can make the sweet potato mash in a larger quantity and store it in the fridge in a sealed container for a few days. The apricot purée tastes fantastic with chicken, too.
About this Recipe
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Tuscan seasoning
- 5 dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam
- 1 teaspoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 pork steak (125g), trimmed
- cooking oil spray
- 100g fresh or frozen vegetables, steamed
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified