Tomato, basil and asparagus penne
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Cook pasta according to packet directions and add peas for the last 5 minutes of pasta cooking time. Drain. Return to saucepan.
Step 2 Meanwhile, spray a frying pan with oil and place over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and cook for 3–4 minutes. Add asparagus and basil. Stir well and heat through for 2–3 minutes. Remove from heat, scatter with feta and garnish with extra basil, if desired.
- Boost flavour by adding a squeeze of lemon juice in Step 2.
- Use sun-dried tomatoes instead of regular ones for more flavour.
About this Recipe
- 400g penne
- 2 cups frozen peas
- cooking oil spray
- 6 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup asparagus, steamed, chopped in thirds
- handful fresh basil, roughly torn
- 100g reduced-fat feta, diced
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified