Chicken fried rice
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Spray a wok with oil. Cook ginger and vegetables over high heat for 5–7 minutes.
Step 2 Add rice, chicken and soy sauce. Toss to coat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until rice is hot and chicken is heated through.
Step 3 Add half the onion and toss to combine. Serve fried rice topped with remaining onion.
If you prefer, use 4 cups of chopped mixed vegetables instead – whatever you have in your fridge. Note that this will alter the cost per serve, depending on the vegetables used.
For best results, cook rice the day before (this allows rice to dry slightly, so it’s less sticky). Cooking on the day? Drain very well in a colander before using.
About this Recipe
- cooking oil spray
- 2 tablespoon grated ginger
- 450g packet frozen stir-fry vegetables (see tips)
- 4 cups cooked rice (see tips)
- 2 cups (280g) cooked chicken breast fillets, shredded
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified