Sweet potato and zucchini fritters
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
45 mins, prep 20 mins, cook 25 mins
$3.39 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 700g sweet potato, peeled, coarsely grated
- 400g zucchini, peeled, coarsely grated, squeezed of moisture
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 8 green onions, white part only, thinly sliced
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2/3 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- rocket salad, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place sweet potato, zucchini, fresh coriander and onions into a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, combine flour, ground coriander, cumin, eggs and milk; stir until smooth. Add batter to sweet potato mixture. Stir until well combined.
Step 2 Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over medium-high heat. Spoon 1/4 cup of mixture per fritter into the pan, 3 fritters at a time. Cook for 3 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through. Continue with remaining batter to make 16 fritters, spraying pan with more oil, if necessary.
Step 3 Serve with yoghurt and rocket.
About this recipe
First published: December 2010