Carrot and red lentil dhal
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Spray a saucepan with oil. Over medium heat, cook mustard seeds until they start to pop.
Step 2 Add carrot and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes.
Step 3 Add stock, water and lentils. Simmer for 30 minutes.
Step 4 Stir in peanut butter and curry powder. Season. Simmer until thickened. Serve with yoghurt and coriander on naan or pita bread, with stir-fried vegies.
About this Recipe
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 500g grated carrot
- 500ml low-salt vegetable stock
- 500ml water
- 1/2 cup split red lentils, washed
- 1-2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- low-fat natural yoghurt, to serve
- fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- pita naan or bread, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified