Creamy broccoli soup
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Place a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Spray with oil. Fry leek, green onion and ginger for 2 minutes or until soft. Add broccoli and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Step 2 Add coconut cream, stock and 2 cups water. Simmer for 15 minutes, until broccoli is tender.
Step 3 Cool slightly, season with pepper and purée in a blender. Transfer soup back to saucepan. Gently reheat. Pour into individual bowls. Serve with yoghurt.
Allergy-friendly dinner party
Whether gluten-free, vegetarian, allergic to milk or just plain picky, whoever’s coming to dinner, these dishes are sure to satisfy their needs – and your taste buds!
About this Recipe
- 1 leek, white part only, sliced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 350g broccoli, cut into florets
- 2/3 cup light coconut cream
- 1 cube gluten-free vegetable stock, dissolved in 2 cups boiling water
- plain soy yoghurt, to serve (optional)
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified