Teriyaki fish with cucumber salad
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Place fish into a bowl and combine with teriyaki sauce. Set aside. Prepare noodles according to packet directions. Drain. Set aside and cover to keep warm.
Step 2 Make Cucumber salad: Place vinegar and sugar into a bowl. Stir until sugar dissolves. Add coriander and cucumber. Combine well. Set aside.
Step 3 Heat a large non-stick frying pan and add one teaspoon of oil. Add capsicum and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from pan.
Step 4 Add another teaspoon of oil and half the fish to pan, reserving marinade. Cook for 2–3 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove from pan, keeping fish warm. Repeat with remaining teaspoon of oil and fish.
Step 5 Add reserved marinade and cooked capsicum to frying pan. Bring to the boil. Add noodles and toss through sauce. Serve with fish and Cucumber salad.
About this Recipe
- 4 white fish fillets (700g total) (perch, ling or snapper)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) teriyaki sauce
- 3 teaspoons oil (we used sesame but any is fine)
- 1/2 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 440g dried Singapore-style noodles (we used Shelf Fresh Wokka Noodles)
- Cucumber salad
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved lengthways, seeded, sliced
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified