Sweet corn fritters with tomato chutney
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Combine corn, capsicum, green onions, chickpeas and eggs in a bowl.
Step 2 Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray with oil. Scoop 2/3 cup of mixture into pan. Repeat with remaining mixture for a total of 8 fritters. Cook for 3–4 minutes each side or until golden. Cook in batches if needed.
Step 3 Serve with cottage cheese, tomato chutney, rice and salad.
Serve fritters with sliced smoked salmon. Omit tomato chutney and top with light sour cream.
About this Recipe
- 410g can corn kernels, drained
- 1 medium red capsicum, finely diced
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed, drained, mashed
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- olive oil spray
- 2/3 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 2/3 cup tomato chutney
- 4 cups cooked rice, to serve
- large green salad, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified