Creamy fettuccine carbonara
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Cut bacon into thin strips and cook over medium heat in a non-stick pan until crisp. Set aside. Combine evaporated milk and eggs in a jug or bowl.
Step 2 Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente (cooked but still firm when you bite it). Drain well and return to saucepan. Add milk and egg mixture to pasta and stir over low heat for a few minutes or until sauce thickens. Do not to overcook or the sauce will separate.
Step 3 Add parmesan, black pepper, peas and parsley to pasta and stir well to combine. Divide among 4 serving bowls. Sprinkle each with a little extra grated parmesan. Serve with a large green salad.
About this Recipe
- 100g lean bacon (eg. mid loin)
- 1 cup light evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 350g fettuccine
- 80g grated (1 cup firmly packed) parmesan cheese, plus extra for sprinkling
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas, steamed
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 8 cups green salad, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified