Mussels with leek and white wine sauce
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Spray olive oil in a deep heavy-based pan. Heat over medium-low heat. Add leek, carrot and celery. Cook for 7 minutes. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
Step 2 Increase heat to high. Add wine. Simmer until reduced by half. Add tomato and mussels. Cover. Simmer for 6–7 minutes, shaking pan regularly, or until mussels open.
Step 3 Remove pan from heat. Sprinkle with parsley and black pepper. Ladle mussels and broth into serving bowls. Serve with sour- dough bread and rocket salad.
For an extra flavour boost, add finely chopped fresh chilli and juice and rind of 1 lemon.
About this Recipe
- olive oil spray
- 1 large leek, white part only, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 150ml white wine
- 2 large tomatoes, finely diced
- 2kg black mussels, de-bearded, shells scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 slices sourdough bread and rocket salad, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified