Power chicken salad
(at time of publication)
Step 1 Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray pumpkin with oil. Add to pan and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes. Add onion and capsicum and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
Step 2 Spray chicken with oil and add to pan. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until brown and cooked. Transfer to bowl. Cool slightly.
Step 3 Add chickpeas and rocket to the bowl and mix until well combined. Combine yoghurt, juice and chilli sauce. Divide salad between serving plates and drizzle with yoghurt dressing. Serve.Recipe supplied by Healthy Food Guide reader, Tina A. Kiz (Cronulla, NSW)
Tina says: "This is one of the recipes that helped me lose 30kg. It's great after a huge training session at the gym."
About this Recipe
- cooking oil spray
- 300g butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 large brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red capsicum, cut into 1cm pieces
- 500g skinless chicken breast fillet, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 60g baby rocket leaves
- 1/3 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- 1/4 cup lime or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
Nutritional information (per serve)
Nutrition information is given per serve
*NS: not specified